For those who have studied the scientist Pavlov you probably are familiar with his experiment in which the subjects were dogs. The dogs would salivate when they were alerted with a bell that the food was coming. Eventually when he used the bell with his dogs but with no food, they salivated anyway.
Well Pavlov also created a “hierarchy of needs” where he included in the most basic level of needs staples such as food, water, shelter, clothing, etc. He then described other higher levels of needs that might not be as critical to life but that would become important to people as they were comfortable in acquiring each previous level’s needs and wants.
Most people look at the first and most basic level in his “hierarchy of needs” and see all these things that help our bodies with our basic function of living. What most people do NOT see though is that the food and water included in this basic level of needs can also be killing us at the same time it is also providing us with the energy and hydration needed for life! Yes, the same sources fulfilling the basic needs of our body are also the sources of many toxins and impurities that get absorbed into our bodies.
Not only is the nutrition level of the food we eat in our modern time just not what is was even 100 years ago, many of the foods we eat today are filled with preservatives, chemicals, and other harmful substances. Think about it in simple terms for a moment. The vegetables we buy have usually been sprayed with insecticides and chemicals to make them grow. The meat that comes from the animals we consume is filled with hormones and antibiotics given to the animals either through injection or in their food. Making things worse, the animals are also feed grain and other feed that has been exposed to chemicals and or hormones, etc. as well.
It doesn’t take a lot of deep thinking to conclude that this could be a problem for our bodies. Now add to that years of the bodily intake of substances such as drugs of all types (including prescription and over the counter), alcohol, tobacco and nicotine.
Oh, and let’s not forget to include the chemicals we intake from our water and beverages. The water we drink is often filled with chlorine, fluoride and many other toxins. We even absorb chlorine from our bath and shower water. A great deal of our modern beverages have ingredients that many have concluded are harmful such as artificial sweeteners and many even feel that high fructose corn syrup is harmful to us.
The result of this is that many people today are leading a very unhealthy lifestyle just from their food, water and other substance intake. There should be little surprise that all this can cause the body unhealthy reactions with many of these impurities becoming the source of disease and ailments – even premature death. The worst thing is that many people do not even realize it!
But there is HOPE and a solution!
Healthy body detoxification is the solution to treat our bodies. Many people detoxify their bodies and then start living a much healthier life as far as food and other bodily intake. Others, while at least detoxifying to help cleanse their body from previous toxicity, then go right back to the same eating and other things as before. Either way, detoxification and cleansing is healthy and needed.
What is body detoxification? Healthy body detoxification, liver detoxification, and colon cleansing are all processes for cleansing the body of impurities, toxins and chemicals that are potentially harmful to your health. When working properly our body is like a well oiled machine that works for you, even when you are not thinking about it. Cleansings and detoxifications help get the body back working the way it is supposed to work.
The liver’s function is to work to filter what gets into the bloodstream and to protect it from toxins and impurities. However, this vital process can be affected or even stopped if the liver becomes overloaded or worn down with too many toxins from so many sources. Therefore, a liver detoxification is important to a healthy detoxification and the body’s well-being.
The colon can become clogged with toxins and impurities and can begin to lose its effectiveness in absorbing nutrients from the foods we eat. Once a colon cleanse is effectively completed the intestines can begin to work the way they were designed to work and begin to get more nutrition from the foods you eat.
So how do you get a body and/or liver detoxification or a colon cleanse, how often should you do them and what else should you consider?
Most recommend a complete detoxification not more than two or three times a year since a detoxification includes ridding the body of toxins and impurities that have built up over many years and there can be negative effects as these toxins are expelled from the body.
There are also some things you can do to have the healthiest body detoxification and cleansing.
• Replace unhealthy food within your diet with healthy alternatives. Eat foods in as close to their natural states as possible and make sure food are washed in filtered water. This will lower the amount of chemicals and preservatives you intake.
Fresh fruit, vegetables, grains, seeds, and nuts are all part of a healthy detoxification (preferably organic). These provide natural vitamins and minerals and fiber necessary for a healthy body and are good for digestion.
When you eat meat, learn to bake or grill it and avoid frying. You should also try to find meat that is free of hormones and antibiotics and if possible organic (this ensures that the animal was feed organic feed as opposed to food loaded with more hormone, antibiotics, and other chemicals.)
Eat smaller meals and more often with 4-6 meals a day. Many recommend sticking to this even after the detoxification is over.
• Proper hydration with filtered and pure water is needed as well. The standard recommendation is 6-8 glasses of water per day and is the minimum amount. This should be increased proportionately with body size over 150 lbs. and if you live in a dry area or at a high altitude.
Some water can be replaced with healthy drinks such as green tea, herbal teas and vegetable juices but make sure the tea is made with filtered water. If drinking milk drink organic milk.
• During the detoxification you should be fine with your regular exercise but limit or stay away from extreme activities in the session. Gentle aerobic exercises are good for the heart and lungs and provide for excretion of large amounts of toxins through sweat.
When you exercise be sure to drink more water which will help flush more toxins from your body. When you drink plenty of filtered water, more toxins will get flushed from the system.
• Reduce or eliminate the consumption of alcohol and tobacco and any other unhealthy substances.
• Dietary supplements providing vitamins and antioxidants are beneficial but should not be used as a substitute for fruits and vegetables.
• Renew the body by getting enough rest and sleep and downtime. This helps get the body back to its original function.
• Get and maintain a good and positive mentality and attitude about life, other people, and life in general. A positive attitude and general happiness are critical components of getting your body back to its most healthy state and conversely, a negative and stress filled life can be very detrimental to your health. If your life is too full of stress to accomplish this, then we advise seeking help and remedies in this area as well.
In summary, you should garner many benefits from a full body detoxification and cleansing as it will not only strengthen the body but also the soul. This is an important component of a healthy lifestyle and can give you more energy, better immune system, improves digestion and increases the confidence of a person.