Network marketing is sometimes misunderstood, mistrusted and treated with disdain, and it is of course all a matter of perspective and individual opinion, plus an understanding and education in why it makes such a popular choice for people wishing to start their own business from home.
As with anything there are good companies and there are of course bad ones whether you are on-line or not. The general advice for anyone seeking to place money into any home based business, whether it is on-line or off-line is to carry out their own due diligence and investigate everything as thoroughly as possible, seeking personal recommendation wherever possible and taking a business training course before you start. This will not only save you a lot of money, but will help avoid a lot of heartache, disappointment and mistakes that often lead to the high drop out rate in both network marketing ventures and failures in business start ups.
People are mistakenly told that there is no selling involved with some companies; they are simply told they refer the products and services to friends and families and hand out a DVD for prospective distributors who may be interested in joining the company in the near future.
Whether you are Richard Branson offering tickets to airline passengers, or a market stall holder offering second hand books, make no mistake every business owner of any kind is in the Direct Sales industry.
Networking in Direct Sales creates the opportunity for very large incomes, which is why so many already successful business people are joining the industry. The vast majority of net workers are looking to earn a few hundred dollars a month to increase their lifestyle. With patience and practise most people can succeed because you work with a set system at your own speed, just like owning a franchise.
In order to learn how to succeed in Direct Sales, the ten fundamentals you will need to cover are as follows:-
- Creating a focussed motivation, sometimes referred to as your why, this has to be something that you have written down as your goal, something that will be your driving force when you inevitably hit the obstacles that will come your way.
- Develop your character continuously; it was Jim Rohn who famously said work harder on yourself than you do on your business. Personal development is also number one on the list of his best selling book Pillars of Success.
- Manage your new career effectively, there will be a huge learning curve required as you learn new skills, but remember that you are effectively changing a career and it will need to be managed just as effectively as if it were a job.
- Retail your products and services consistently; there are many new ways open to small business owners since the Internet opened our audience up to global customers. Make sure you have a detailed marketing plan to follow consistently to raise awareness of your products and services.
- Recruit consistently, without this vital element your residual income is likely to fall short of your goal and acknowledge that the real power of the business model lies in duplication.
- Coach your team members until they are independent and are able to coach others, this can and does go dramatically wrong for many people who find they have joined someone who can sell product but has no people skills, patience or understanding for his or her team members.
- Recognise individual success, no matter how small, someones first lead will be a huge occasion for that person, celebrate with them to build momentum.
- Attend events with enthusiasm and make sure your team enjoys the atmosphere, even if it just the weekly team talk, have fun, be inspiring, learn new ideas and move forward each week.
- Communicate well with your team stars, the leaders of tomorrow will always stand out from day one and you should recognise the potential in them. If you do not nurture your stars, do not expect them to shine.
- Create team spirit, this sounds easier on the surface than it is in reality as you will be dealing with lots of different types of personalities, circumstances, mindsets and skill sets. If you can utilise all those factors into creating a working team, phenomenal success will be yours.