This year I have the privilege to attend the 5th edition of Inbound in Boston, as a HubSpotter, and I thought it would be great to share some of the insights I learned with our State of Digital community. What I didn’t realize was just how enormous and, sometimes, overwhelming Inbound is! All in all, it’s great to be here and I’ll do my best to cover as many talks as possible and share them here.
Just to give you an idea of what Inbound is like
- 19.000 marketers and entrepreneurs
- from 92 countries
- came over to Boston to see over 240 speakers share their insights and expertise
If you’re thinking about joining Inbound next year, here’s a piece of advice from a newcomer: expect an amazing experience, great content, but also come prepared to walk, walk, walk. There are 10, even 20 breakout sessions taking place at the same time. You have to chose the right ones for you and go from one place to another. Don’t worry. There is plenty of time between sessions. Just wear comfortable shoes
Tuesday / Day 1: Opening Keynote by Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary Vaynerchuk is an entrepreneur and, dare to say, an internet sensation right now. He runs VaynerMedia, one of the world’s hottest digital agencies, he is a prolific angel investor and venture capitalist, investing in companies like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Uber, and Birchbox.
His speech was passionate and energetic – exactly what you’d expect from an opening keynote at such an event.
You can see the full recording here:
Wednesday / Day 2
Wednesday was a very busy day. Larry Kim from Wordstream was there. So was Oli Gardner from Unbounce, Brian Balfour (I definitely recommend following his blog on Growth Marketing!), Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah (of course!) and many, many others.
Here’s some useful links that will help you get a better idea of what some of the talks were about.
- Oli Gardner, co-founder of Unbounce, talked about “The Conversion Equations”. You can find all the notes, links, tools and references from his talk here [slides]
- Brian Balfour, the former VP of Growth of HubSpot, is now running his own consultancy business on Growth. Check out his blog if you’re interested in this topic. His talk today focused on “The Principles Of High Performance Growth Teams” [slides]
- Mikaela Tierney spoke about “How to Transform Freelance Chaos into a Kickass In-House Content Team” [slides]
- I won’t spoil the surprise on what Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah talked about because the video recording will be available soon
That’s about all I could get my hands on. I know it’s just a tiny bit of how much content was shared here, but I hope it does give you some useful tips and tactics.
I’ll be back soon with the highlights from Days 3 and 4.
Post from Irina Nica
Have an incredible day!