One thing that has always bothered me is people doing a job half-way right.
My favorite example is alphabetizing files. I have seen countless people alphabetize based only on the first letter of the name, rather than sorting in complete alphabetical order. They throw all of the As together, all of the Bs etc. In my experience (and I have done LOTS of filing) it takes maybe 5 extra seconds to do it right (put Anderson after Abbot) and it saves way more than 5 seconds when you need to retrieve the file.
What if the phone book was sorted only by the first letter? What about sorting the mail? Just because nobody forces you to do the job completely right, doesn’t excuse being lazy.
When you clean the kitchen, do you move the trash can and clean under it or just clean around it? Nobody else will know if you don’t clean under it (until it starts to smell…)
If you are in
- You have leads but you never call them
- You get friends on Facebook but stop there
- You listen to training calls and never implement what they teach
- You want to try something new but don’t take the available training
- Your attitude is “this will never work anyway”
This is a business, not a job. You don’t get paid just for showing up!
– If you have leads and you won’t call them, ask yourself why. There is a fear you need to overcome, and it can be overcome fairly easily.
– If you don’t know what to do with all of those Facebook friends, a mentor could teach you.
– If you don’t put what you learn into practice, why? Fear again? Not quite enough information? The method doesn’t feel right to you?
– If you jump into something without proper training, why would you expect to succeed? If someone else has had success and has taken the time to put training together, use it!
– If your attitude is negative you’ll never succeed. You must develop a positive attitude.
– If you just stick your toe in the pool on a hot day you won’t get complete relief from the heat, will you? If you just stick your toe in
I’m not talking about the amount of time you spend. You need to work smart, not hard. If you are not getting results, get help! You need to master what you’re doing.
Don’t just dream about success. GO GET IT! Do it right, do it all the way.