The Danish lifestyle is so different from ours. They live life simpler, less stressed, and without over-consuming. Perhaps these are some one of the reasons why we are unhappy and unhealthy. We need to step back and create a lifestyle that is not only manageable but one that will help us to be the best that we can and to be as relaxed as we can be as well.
So, what are the secrets to the Danish way of life? In this article, I will examine ten aspects of the Danish lifestyle that we would be smart to emulate in order for us to feel happier and healthier.
Here are the ten things that create a Danish lifestyle.
1. When you are at home, turn down the lights and create a relaxing environment. Home is supposed to be where you get to relax before the next day starts all over again.
2. Be here and now with all your family members. Turn off the phone and all technological devices when you talk to them. Give them your full attention.
3. Enjoy coffee, chocolate, cookies, cakes, candy and all the other things that put a smile on your face. But us all of these sweets in moderation. Create moments of pleasure with your family.
4. Focus on us and not me all the time. Make sure that you share experiences with others, and give them time and attention.
5. Take the time every day to be grateful for what you have. Develop a mindset that is not always negative. Instead, create a mindset that will allow you to enjoy this moment and to know that life is as good as it can be in this moment.
6. Keep family members harmonious by removing all competition from family meals and times you do things together. Instead, relax with each other.
7. Get comfy. Take a break and relax. Read a book. Take a nap. Do whatever you need to feel good and relaxed.
8. Try to make sure that there is no drama in your home. Instead, discuss politics at other times or reserve time for such discussions. Most importantly, don’t go to bed mad.
9. Build relationships and narratives. Reminisce. Find time to just be together and connect deeply. This will help you to be happy together.
10. Your home and family is your tribe. This is a place of peace and security. So, take the time to cultivate a good and peaceful family life.
By taking these steps, you be developing a family life that is peaceful and harmonious. You will enjoy being together and you will want to do things together. But we all need to invest in our family in order to make sure that it is as healthy and happy as it can be.