I am going to bet that as soon as you signed up as a distributor in your network marketing business, you were told to go home and write down a list of 100 people you know…all of your family, friends, acquaintances, etc. You may have even been given a workbook that would assist you in creating this list…don’t forget your dentist, the clerk at your grocery store, the librarian…sound familiar? Your next mission was to sort this list into groups of people that would, of course, purchase your hot new product, and those that would jump at the chance to join you in your opportunity. You dutifully did this, and started dialing the phone, anxious to get your business growing. What did you get for all this effort? I am thinking that the results were not what you expected.
Your upline promised network marketing would be easy…after all, that’s how they built a huge downline, and are getting paid $10,000 a month on a regular basis, working a mere 20 hours a week. Now, your head is about ready to explode, questions spinning out of control. Questions such as:
- How does my upline REALLY do it?
- I have spent all this money…where are the results I was promised?
- Is it me? Am I a failure?
- I really love my product, why am I not selling more?
- Everyone needs this product…how can I convince them? (Sound familiar?)
OK…STOP RIGHT THERE! This is your first bad assumption…NOT everyone needs or wants your product. Stop trying to “convince” everyone with a pulse that you have what they need! I know this is what you’ve been taught, it’s commonly known as the “3 Foot Rule”…anyone within 3 feet of you is a prospect. Don’t do this! By now you have probably alienated all of your friends and family…in fact they may not even answer the phone when they see you are calling.You can’t even enjoy a social event anymore because you are too busy stalking out your prey…figuring out how to approach your next victim! Sound familiar? Trust me, I know, I too have walked that beaten path! Looking back, I was pathetic…I even annoyed myself!
But don’t despair, you can succeed in your network marketing business. They say the definition of insanity is to keep doing what you’ve always done and expect different results…so STOP! If you are willing to stop wasting your time using the network marketing strategies your upline told you to use, and learn the strategies that will help you succeed in network marketing, then it’s time to take action. Your network marketing business can be successful…you know you are willing to work hard, you just need to know what to do.
So, you’re wondering “now what do I do”? Every business is a relationship based business, network marketing is no different.
You have to learn how to build relationships with people that are already looking for what you have. How do you do that? The following network marketing strategies will change how you operate your network marketing business.
- You must first work on developing communication skills. Becoming effective communicating with the phone, the written word, and the internet is an absolute necessity if you are to build a successful network marketing business.
- Find your niche, learn who your target market is. As I’ve already mentioned, forget that list of 100 friends and family, save that for holiday greetings. You must know who your target market is…those individuals that have expressed a need, want, or desire for exactly what you have. Learn how to do this, and your business will explode.
- After you’ve identified your target market, and have developed your skillset, you have to communicate with your audience. You can build your network marketing business by buying leads, and using the telephone to contact them. A second MLM strategy is to use the written word and advertise…there are dozens of options here. You can put ads in magazines, direct mail, or any other type of print media. Then there is the internet…where you can reach millions of people without ever leaving your home.
Once you master your skillset using the above mentioned MLM strategies, you will move forward in your network marketing business. You will be able to position yourself in front of people that want to hear what you have to say, and in turn,have them reaching out to you, instead of you chasing them down. Imagine people you’ve never even met, and probably never will, calling you for information! When you build relationships with these people, some will become prospects, others won’t.
So, ditch your upline’s outdated MLM strategies, and invest in yourself by enrolling in a training course that teaches current network marketing methods and strategies. MLM is indeed an exciting business, if you have the proper tools and know how to use them. Open your mind to learning new MLM strategies, and move forward today.